Recent work and prelude to applique video...

 Hello everyone!  I recently pieced together a headband with some fabric from the tiles patchwork in yellow series along with the cream hexagon print.  Both are organic knit.  They are absolutely spectacular.  I really love the organic cotton knit.  Especially how the fabric was printed with a snowflake motif wrapped into a headband.  The applique was with a bronze gold embroidery.  Looks beautiful...


I contemplated how many headbands I could make with the whole meter of fabric.  That's a lot of fabric but one square motif would create two headbands, so if I had a whole meter, I'm counting at least eighteen headbands.  I also have the pattern available in the store.  The bow pattern includes a printable for a headband.  You can visit the store here Jane & Prosper. I had fun creating this piece. If you have a stretch fabric at home the pattern works with that.  There's about a three inch differential for the pattern sizing, that makes this a great universal fit pattern for a variety of sizes.  This pattern is an easy to moderate level pattern.  You need to make a few adjustments yourself but, it works.   Looks good with long decorated nails and reminds me of cat eyes and kitten heels.  A modern refresh of this done in griege, beige, cream, white and bronze detail.


IF you are wondering...YES!  I have a background in hair design.  I adore those polished looks with your hair in a headband and a hair flip!  Long nails, eyelashes, boots, and kitten heels!  

Comments

Popular Posts